Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Assignment #1

ASSIGNMENT #1.)
Your first assignment is to write a prediction by replying to this post.  You must write a short paragraph between 5-8 sentences.  You must use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.  I will be looking to see that you are using vocabulary that you have learned this year, as well as proper sentence/paragraph structure.  Always keep in mind that you must be socially responsible.  Don't forget that everything you write here will be moderated and reviewed by your entire class.

14 comments:

  1. I predict that the outsiders will be about a boy who is in a gang, and his gang is fighting will a rival gang for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this story is about how one of the socs gets really mad at ponyboys brother, who is a greaser & beats him up & the other socs join in as well but they will accidently dead him to death, & ponyboy watched the whole time because he was scared, but when he tells the police they don't believe him because he is a greaser & they are always playing pranks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I predict that the outsiders will be about people who come to a town but are from an other town. The two towns are posibly rivals and the new people have to find a way to make peace between the two towns befor things get out of hand...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the outsiders will be about a family that comes in from another town and the people of the new town don't like outsiders. Then they meet a gang who finds these outsiders and so the family has to run and hide. If they don't they will be injured or maybe killed by the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this book will be about someone who doesn't think they can be friends with a gang. I think this because of the title. I think there will be different groups of people. They might be organized by thier personality. I think this because of the picture on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prediction on the outsiders is a group of gangs that have a lot of conflicts between each other from different sides of the city. Second, I think that the gangs bully alot of kids in the street and causes the gangs to get involved with the police. Thirdly, since the troubled kids are out on the streets they might get involved in drug dealing and also doing drugs. My last prediction is since they're getting involved in drugs they get caught up in murders and thefts which cause the gangs to get in alot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jman I think that is an amazing prediction that nobody would have predicted. You made a prediction that almost entirely follows the story. I also like how you thought the different gangs were from different sides of the city and since they were on the streets they would be doing drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @tomas I think your prediction was great. it was a little short so you should raed the instructions twice. otherwis it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @game i liked your prediction it is very unique

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ darth great prediction on The Outsiders. Great job! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this book will be about two gangs. these gangs are constantly competing. They are always getting in fights with each other. These main characters feel like outsiders in their own town. One day things get out of hand between the two gangs

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ TOMAS - What do you think the reason would be?

    @ EVERYONE - Try to use more transition words to make your writing flow more smoothly.

    @ DARTH - I agree with your comment about Tomas's prediction being a little short. Tomas should definitely have included more details.

    @ JMAN - Excellent use of transition words! You're writing continues to improve! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @darry Good prediction, check for errors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by author

    ReplyDelete