Thursday, 21 April 2011

Assignment #2

Thank you for posting your predictions for the your new novel.  Your next assignment over the holiday weekend is to write a brief description of one of the main characters from your novel.  

1.) Include details of the character's physical appearance and character traits that you were able to learn from reading the novel.  If your novel does not give a description or you cannot infer the description of the character from what you read, write about what you think the character looks like.  

2.) Include 1 connection that you are able to make with this character.  The connection should be at least 3 quality sentences.  (text-text, text-self, or text-world)

14 comments:

  1. I think ponyboy wears a black leather jacket and jeans and a black t shirt under his jacket. I think he has lots of hair grease and cool shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ EPIC - Please make sure to read the details of 'ASSIGNMENT #2' so that your response includes everything that you are asked to include. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pony boy is a normal sized pearson with green-grey eyes. He has hairthat is lightbrown and almost red. A trait I noticed is that he has the carisma of a leader. If the group he is in was a pack of hourses he would be the "pony".

    I can conect with this because I am around the same status in a group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ponyboy has grayish green eyes (his eyes are more green but he doesnt want them to be) and medium sized but the shortest out of the gang. He is strong & is very creative. He has long hair with alot of hair grease in it. He may be the youngest & shortest out of all of the greasers but he is probably one of the toughest.
    i connect with the part where Ponyboy had to cut & dye his hair, i have also cut & dyed my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ponyboy is a small 14 year old boy who is a greaser (a person whos hair looks like they have grease through it). I think Ponyboy would be wearing a black leather coat with a black shirt on. i can connect to his life because i get in fights with my sister all the time just like him and the socs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ponyboy has long redish-brown hair that is greased back. Also, he has grayish-green eyes. He wants them to be more gray too because lots of people he does not like have green eyes.Ponyboy is also 14 years old. I think that he is also pretty tough.

    I can connect because my siblings fight me sometimes. Mostly my brother though, my sister does too though. She was 14 in January as well. (but now she's 15)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pony Boy is 14 years old. He has hair that looks like he puts grease through it. He wears a black leather jacket, bowling shoes, and jeans. He is the brother of Sodapop and Darry.

    Connection: I connect to Pony Boy because i have a sibbling that i enjoy being around more than my other siblings, just like he is with Sodapop and Darry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The character I have picked to talk about is Ponyboy. Ponyboy is a shy, quiet 14 year old boy who gets good grades and likes to draw and read. Ponyboy lives with his two brothers called Soda Pop and Darryl. Ponyboy's mom and dad died in a car accident. Ponyboy has light brown hair, that is longer than most of his friends, the hair is squared off at the back and the front and sides of his hair are long. He has greenish grey eyes and is called a greaser. Pony boy is considered poor and from the wrong side of town.

    I connect to Ponyboy because I am quiet, a good student and a pretty thoughtful kid who dosn't get into trouble much. Pony boy was liked by his classmates and I think I am too. Pony boy gets along with both the Socs and the greasers. I think I get along with everyone in my school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @miss cookies That was an excellent connection you made about having to dye and cut your hair just like PonyBoy. Also after you talked about his eyes you have forgotten to put "he is" behind medium sized. So if you put "he is" it would then look like this. And he is medium sized but the shortest out of the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @jman WOW! That was an amazing comment jman. You realy told us all about Ponyboy and his life. Next time maby a little shorter but over all Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @jman that was really long and i struggled to read the whole thing but i did and it's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. @sally good job describing Ponyboy. Great job !Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Chuck Norris - Thank you for your honesty. What did you like most about JMAN's post?

    @ EVERYONE - Remember, don't forget to be clear about what kind of connection you are making (T-T, T-S, T-W) Be sure to indicate it in your post.

    ReplyDelete