Thursday, 28 April 2011

Assignment #4

1.) Write about another connection that you have made with this novel.  Remember, you need to first indicate what kind of connection it is (T-T, T-S, and T-W).  You must write about a different type of connection than the one you wrote about previously.  Then, you must clearly explain what part of the novel you are connecting with and what it reminds you of.  Your connection should be a minimum of 5 sentences.  Be sure to explain who, what, where, why, when, and how.  Provide as many details as possible.  When you have explained your connection using everything listed above, then you have completed this assignment.  If you haven't, then you need to add to your post.  

2.) Preview your post before you actually post your work.  Remember, if the word is underlined in red, right click on it and it will give you suggestions for the correct spelling.

3.) Respond to one other response like you did yesterday.

17 comments:

  1. I can make a text to world connection because just like in the story there are different classes in some schools such as rich and popular kids, nerds, jocks, etc... Also all over the world there are many gangs like Yakusan (not sure about spelling) just like in The Outsiders with different gangs like Socs and Greasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-T I have watched movies were people want to commet suicude & they purposly let themselves get shot by the police (my connection is kinda violent i know!). The book connects with that when (*spoiler, spoiler!!!!!!*)



    Dally points the gun with no bullets at the police chasing after him so they can shoot him because Johnny died & Johnny has the only thing Dally cared about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ GAME - The Japanese mafia is known as, "The Yakuza."

    @ Miss Cookies - Be sure to preview your posts and proofread them before you actually make them live on the blog. 'were' should be 'where'. Also, you have some misspelled words. Be sure to go back and correct all the words that are underlined in red. Also, try to separate your ideas into several sentences rather than using long, single sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i connected to the part where johhny gets put in the hospital because my grandfather was in the hospital for a couple months but he's out now so it's all good. (t-s)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I connect with T-T. In a book I have recently read some people are in a burning house. They have no chance to get out though. In The Outsiders the church is on fire. They are in a burning building too. Fortunaly,they get out alive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Sally Jackson - WHich novel did you read about people that were caught in a burning house (other than in 'THE OUTSIDERS).

    @ Chuck Norris - Please go back to the previous assignments and read my comments.

    @ Everyone - Read Assignment #4 again. Make sure you have included everything that has been asked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @miss cookies
    Good connection! Just for next time though please watch spelling (commet should be commit and were should be where.) but again, good connection about people committing suicide in movies just like in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I connected to the part in The Outsiders where Jonny,Ponyboy,Sodapop,and Dally went to the drive- in movie theater. When I was 5 or 6 my family and I always went to the drive- in movie theaters at night. It was way more fun than the regular movie theaters. You would open the back trunk of your car and watch the outdoor movie! (t-s).

    ReplyDelete
  10. @game great comment. You really explained the gangs in the story. Good example of a gang in the world. Great gob!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ GAME - I like your response to 'MISS COOKIES' spelling. It was very diplomatic and you also gave her positive comments about her connection!

    @ EVERYONE - All of you have been very supportive of your fellow classmates! I think this shows how much respect each of you have for your peers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @game thanks i didn't know if it was spelled commet or commit it didn't show the red under line at home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @jman great connection i have always wanted to go to a drive-in movie theater. My brother did when he was younger but i wasn't born then i don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made a T-W connection with the part were Johnny was caught in the fire. I connect to this because people will try to save someone from a fire and sometimes get caught in the fire themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connection (T-S) I connect to how Ponyboy feels about his family because if i ran off with a friend of mine that killed someone i would imagine what my family wold think of me, and if they would even care if i was gone. i would imagine all this stuff about my family like Ponyboy did. @Chuck Norris good connection dude! I like how you connected to how your grand father was in the hospital but then you said he's out now because i was worried!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @darth A text to world,good. Try to make it longer maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I connect (t-s) when ponyboy got beat up by a bunch of boys. When he was comming home from a movie at night. I connected because it reminded me of when my brother and I were walkling home from the beach. While we were walking some teenagers started yelling at him and came over and punched him.

    ReplyDelete