1.) If you could be any character from this novel, who would you be and why? List at least 2 different reasons and be sure to back up your reasons with solid details.
2.) Respond to a at least one other post. Be sure to give a positive suggestion or way that a student could improve his/her post.
3.) SMILE! :)
I would be Sodapop! Because he gets all the girls and got to drop out of school! And he has a awesome brother like ponyboy.
ReplyDeleteI smiled but a fly flew in my mouth :\
I guess I would be tim sheperd because he can smash your jaw to peices and doesn't take anything from anybody.
ReplyDelete@ Everyone - Don't forget to use your transitions. Use full and and complete sentences. Eg. If I could be any character from the novel, I would be ............
ReplyDelete@ Tomas - Please avoid starting your sentences with 'BECAUSE'. I would like to see you write your thoughts out completely with more details/supporting sentences. Please take these suggestions/tips and repost. :)
@ Chuck Norris - As I mentioned in class yesterday, you must go back to your previous posts and follow the assignment instructions. Please be sure to read the instructions carefully before responding to the assignment questions. If an assignment requires 5 sentences, please be sure to include 5 sentences.
In regards to your post for assignment #5, you need to provide more details to support your points. I would like to see you choose less violent reasons for identifying with this character. However, if you choose to go with the reasons you chose, you must still provide more support to explain in detail why you chose this character. It is my hope that you will choose a less violent reason.
I might be Cherry if I was a character in the novel because she is kind and smart. For example, when they talked about school. I try to cheer up my friends when they are down. It seems that she does that too. Like when she was talking to Johnny and Ponyboy. Also, she does not get into trouble, as far as I can tell. Otherwise, I do not know why I would be her. I can't think of anybody else I would be, maybe her friend that was with her when she was talking to Ponyboy and Johnny...........Smiling-----> =)
ReplyDelete(@Charles Wallace Murry) Very well done! I could not find anything wrong with your response, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI would be Sodapop because hes my favorite character in the book. Hes layed back and calm and is really nice and playful with his brothers. The final point i have is because he gets all the girls! @Chuck Norris, Short and simple. I liked it...
ReplyDelete@ Tomas - Don't forget to preview your posts so that you can check for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitals prior to posting it to the blog. Also, your points must be backed up with more support. Please post a few more supporting sentences.
ReplyDeleteIf I could be any character in The Outsiders it would be Ponyboy. I admire how Ponyboy is well liked by everyone. He seems to be liked by the teachers,his family,and friends and does this by not compromising what he belived in. For example Cherry who was part of the socs saw Ponyboy at the movies and started talking to him even though she new that hanging out with tht group would get her in trouble. Another reason why I chose Ponyboy is because he is very loyal to his friends and family. He was always there for his friends and family even if they were in bad situations. For example when Jonny killed Ben the soc while Ponyboy was being drowned Ponyboy ran off with Jonny to protect him just like Jonny did for Ponyboy.
ReplyDelete@ Tomas good job with the assignment . But maybe make it a bit longer for next time. Great job!
ReplyDeleteIf I could be anybody in The Outsiders I would be PonyBoy. I would be PonyBoy because I am very much like him. For example like to read a lot just like him and I sometimes get into fights with my sister just like him and his siblings. I would also be like PonyBoy because I am always there for my friends and family and I would never let them get hurt just like PonyBoy did to Johnny.
ReplyDelete@jman
ReplyDeleteExcellent work! Your work is always very long and filled with details. I can never find anything wrong with your work. Keep up the good work!
@game Great work game! You stated your point, and backed it up with with good examples. Keep it up! Smile : )
ReplyDeleteI think I am most like Ponyboy. I am like him because I care about my family and like to reade books. I also like to be with a good group of friends.
ReplyDeleteI would be Sodapop because hes my favorite character in the book. Hes layed back and calm and is really nice and playful with his brothers. Another point I have is because he gets all the girls! I would want to be Sodapop because he doesn't have much stress in his life. Sodapop gets to slack off alot due to the fact that hes not in school anymore. And my final reason if because he's TUFF. (Not tough)
ReplyDeleteI think I am mostly like Ponyboy. I think with because like Pony, I am very creative and love to read. I dont think my patient & reading skills are enough to tackle gone with the wind but i have read some pretty thick books. I can sit through a movie & I care about my hair, but I but a little hair gel, not a handfull of hair grease. I would want to be Ponyboy because of his good grade & I have always wanted green eyes. i would love to have a brother like Soda & friends like the greasers to always back me up anytime. I probably could, but I would like to take down a couple other people older & bigger then me. The best part would have to be having a friend like cherry, & she could be in alot of trouble with the socs if they found out that she was hanging out with the greasers being a soc herself. I dont think i would want to be Pony because he smokes alot & alot of his friends are dying. I dont think i would want to have a brother as harsh as Darrel or have to get beat up by socs almost everyday.
ReplyDelete@jman The soc Johnny killed, his name was bob not ben but you have an exellent paragraph!
ReplyDeleteIf i could be any character in the book i would be sodapop. I would be sodapop because he is calm. Also because he does not go to school and still gets by in life.
ReplyDelete