Thursday, 5 May 2011

ASSIGNMENT #8 - DEEP QUESTIONS











1.) We have been studying many reading strategies since the beginning of the year.  One that we focused on for quite some time was questioning.   We worked on developing our ability to create simple and DEEP questions.  Remember, answers to DEEP questions, cannot be solved by reading and searching for the information within the story.  You must use your inference skills and critical thinking skills.  In a single response to this post, please post 2 DEEP questions in the format listed below.
***DON’T FORGET TO ANSWER AT LEAST 1 DEEP QUESTION WRITTEN BY YOUR CLASSMATE***
#1.) <Write your DEEP question here>
#2.) <Write your DEEP question here>


12 comments:

  1. 1. why did Ponyboy start smoking.
    2. how did the greasers start the ang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) Why do you think Ponyboys emotions were going so wild the night he was hit by his older brother Darry for coming home late that night?

    2.) If you were Ponyboy, would you forgive Darry for hitting you? Yes, or no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) This question made me do a bit of research on smoking. From all the research I have done I've come down to 3 diffrent conclusions. 1.) Ponyboy was pulled into smoking by peer pressure. 2.)Ponyboy started smoking because he was stressed. 3.) Ponyboy started smoking because he thought it was cool. Out of all of these choices I would most likely go with the third because in the story Ponyboy talks about how his greaser buddies take long drags of their smokes to look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ TW
    1) i think Ponyboy was so emotional because no one in his family ever hit him.
    2) yes because he takes care of Pony & Soda. no because there was no reason to hit him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.)Why do you think Ponyboy was so close to Jonny?
    2.)Why do you think there was tension between the Socs and the greasers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tomas ward
    1.)I think Ponyboys tensions were going everywhere when Darry hit him because he never thought he hit him.
    2.)Yes I would because Ponyboy just got him mad that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.) How do you think Ponyboy was feeling when he found out that Johnny killed Bob?

    2.) Why do you think Ponyboy ran when Darry hit him?

    (@ miss cookies)

    1.) I think Ponyboy smokes because he thinks it is cool and sometimes because he is stressed or feels like he needs to calm down.

    2.) Maybe they started the gang because they felt different then other people (socs). They acted different and did different things than them and did not like them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. How many other gangs are in Ponyboy's neighborhood?
    2. Why did the church start burning?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @jman

    1. I think Ponyboy was so close to Johnny because he saw alot of himself in Johnny
    2. I think there is tension because the Socs think that the breasted are poor and are not as popular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Why do the socs and the greasers hate each other?
    2. Why are Ponyboy and his brothers in a gang?

    ReplyDelete